Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Delighting Your Customers

During these economic times, its critical for companies to maintain, if not grow their customer base. The question is, how?

If we look at examples of companies that are successful at doing this, it seems like it boils down to one simple thing: they "delight" their customers.

What does that mean, really? Well, it means that the brand recall is positive, really. To make that happen, its all about leaving your customers a wonderful impression through your products and services. We all heard about the die-hard Apple and Nordstrom fans. Here's a company delighted me recently, Comcast.

During the past weekend, I called the customer support for Cable issues. After informing me about the unusual long wait in the phone queue, the IVR asked me if I am interested in a call back. Not only would I keep my place in the "line", I don't have to listen to droning commercials.

So I did. Less than 5 minutes later, I got a callback and resolved my issue. If only more companies chose such an option. Yes, there is a cost to this technology, but just think about all the phone costs saved! Not to mention the opportunity to delight, and thereby retain your customers.

Hats off to the cable giant in listening to its customers.

For additional reading materials, check out this article from American Express.

No comments:

Post a Comment